Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why spend money on what is not bread, and labor on what does not satisfy? Listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Isaiah 55:2

Key question:
 Why spend money on what is not bread (food)?

I try to be an example to others. My siblings for instance. I am one of the oldest and I try to show them how to do things the right way, how you should act, and how to not be a hoarder. My entire life I was a hoarder. Always having too much stuff for my mind to comprehend. At the time I wouldn't even be able to tell you the things that I had, because I had so much. I had three junk drawers! Three! All full to the max. On 'declutter day' my mom helped me get rid of it all, and it felt AMAZING! I felt like a new person. Clean and fresh. But then short weeks later I got it all back. Stacked high on my shoulders. Declutter day came again and I got rid of it for the second time, but this time with God's help. I talked to him about my situation and where I was at in life. He helped me so I was no longer in a cluttered mess. No longer carrying the burden. And it stayed that way.

The more stuff you have, the more cluttered and stressed you feel. Plus, you don't need toys, and electronics. Think of the things you need and don't forget them. While your at the store getting milk and you see a pair of shoes you just "have" to get, remember the difference between the 'want' list and the 'need' list. Do you need another pair of designer flip flops? Aren't you wearing a good pair now? Save it for when your shoes actually break.

Don't be a hoarder. Don't buy things you don't need. Focus on the important things in life. Like Jesus.

No comments: